Kittens Lair is pleased to advise it operates all in-house events under an approved COVID Safe Plan issued by Queensland Health with full disclosure of what we do during those events.
As such, in addition to our standard House Rules, the following COVID protocols have been put in place to assist with making our venue a safe place for guests and house members.
COVID-19 Safe Practice Requirements in Kittens Lair
In effort to ensure everyone’s health and safety and to abide by government guidelines, Kittens Lair are implementing the following procedure:
- PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU ARE SICK, FEELING UNWELL OR PREVIOUSLY BETWEEN DIAGNOSED WITH OR AWAITING TEST RESULTS FOR COVID-19 OR BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE WHO HAS OR IS AWAITING TEST RESULTS FOR COVID-19 IN THE LAST MONTH OR RECENTLY RETURNED FROM OVERSEAS IN THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS OR RECENTLY RETURNED FROM NEW SOUTH WALES, ACT OR VICTORIA IN THE LAST MONTH OR FROM ANY QLD HEALTH IDENTIFIED COVID-19 HOTSPOT DURING OR RECENTLY AFTER THE DATES LISTED FOR THE CORRESPONDING HOTSPOTS AS CURRENTLY LISTED ON THE QLD HEALTH WEBSITE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
- All attendees must check-in on arrival by scanning the Check-In barcode at the front desk or filling in the form if you are unable to scan and use the supplied barcode. We will seek to obtain this information on arrival. The information will only be kept for 56 days in the event the government needs to do any contact tracing. If any details change, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Whilst it is difficult to maintain social distance with your partner during a scene, please maintain the 2m² social distancing spacing.
- Hugs, kisses and handshakes should be kept to a minimum or avoided all together with the exception of when aftercare is provided to your scene partner.
- We have implemented a new ticketing process via our website events section (https://kittenslair.com.au/latest-news/events-markets/) which comes into effect for some events from 12th June, 2020. If this applies, only tickets purchased through the event link on the website will be accepted as confirmation of intention to attend. Events held at other venues (including cafes, taverns, etc) maybe subjected to different processes not within the control of Kittens Lair.
- By purchasing/obtaining a ticket including free tickets, signifies to us that neither you nor your partner or accompanying guests have knowingly been in contact with a person who has tested positive to, or is awaiting test results for Covid19, nor that you are under a medical self-isolation order.
- Tickets for those unable to attend due to being sick or in isolation will be refunded. Please note that non-attendance after a ticket purchase without advising us before or on the event date will not result in a refund. At our discretion we will transfer the ticket to another event if we are notified after the event date as to the reason for non-attendance. Reasonable time frames do apply.
- Within the venue, we have bottles of Viruclean for cleaning down equipment, etc before and after use as well as provided liquid soap, hand sanitiser and paper towels for washing hands in the bathroom. It is recommended to wash your hands thoroughly for approximately 20 seconds before and after a scene and before and after eating.
- Any house supplied equipment including ropes are thoroughly cleaned or washed before and after use. No house rope will be used by more than 1 rigger on any given event date as it will be washed after use and unavailable for use for at least 2 days afterwards. House rope is washed in a hot liquid detergent wash, rinsed multiple times and then placed in a dryer for drying at a temperature that prevents any virus survival.
- You may bring your own food or drink and a fridge is supplied for keeping drinks cold. Drinks supplied during an event (if indicated as such) will be supplied in cans or bottles and must be disposed of in the recycling bin when finished or taken with you when leaving. Any food supplied (if indicated as such) will be on a single use plate that can be left in the recycling bin when finished. Please place rubbish in the appropriate bins provided when finished.
- Kittens Lair is not a licensed venue no alcohol will be supplied by Kittens Lair. All alcohol is strictly BYO and maybe stored in the fridge. All alcohol regardless of who supplies it, must be consumed outside in the smoking area and bottles/cans disposed of upon completion.